A passport is a very essential travel document that provides authorized access and entry into various countries worldwide. Whenever one is planning to travel around the globe to any destination of their choice, they must carry a valid passport so as to get entry other than that, they won’t be able to get in. This applies at borders, airports and other travel means with Car Rental Options that range from Land Cruisers, Rav4s.

Yellow Fever Card

The Yellow fever card is a very important while travelling to any country for you can be denied entry because of this. The document is obtained after taking on checkups for the yellow fever illness through vaccination so as to cross flexibly from one country to another via different borders. After vaccination, you will be given an International Certificate of Vaccination as proof that you don’t have yellow fever and this is done earlier like a month before travel. In order to transfer from one country to another flexibly across boundaries, carry this card.

National Identity Card

A National Identity Card refers to a valid document that is given to every citizen of a specific country to give them access and entry to neighboring states/ countries. In order for one to transfer to any neighboring state/ country conveniently, they should have a valid National ID to take them to any destination of their choice but this is interstate.


A Visa refers to an approval on a passport showing that the holder is authorized to enter, leave, or stay in the country for a specified period of time. In order for one to enter a certain country of their choice, a passport with a valid visa is very vital.

Types of Visas

Congo Tourist Visa; this refers to a document that permits tourists/ visitors to get entry into the country via different ports along the borders, airports, harbor stations. The Congo tourist visa is provided for a period of 3 months (90 days) allowing multiple entries and is provided after presenting the reasons for the visit, purpose and where you are going to stay/ accommodation and your final destination as well as when you will depart.

Business Visa; this refers to a document released for various purposes like making feasibility studies, establishing professional and business contacts as well as making arrangements for investments in the Republic of Congo. This is provided for a period of one month (30 days) that cannot be surpassed. However, if one wants to have a longer stay carrying out business in the Democratic Republic of Congo, they should stretch their visa at the next Immigration office.


In order to access the Democratic Republic of Congo one should have a Congo Tourist Visa and to get one they should have the following requirements.

  • Two fully completed visa application forms
  • Two copies of the visa application form fully filled and signed
  • Two passport color photographs- Photos must be 2inches×2inches (51 *51 mm in size), colored, have a white background, and show a full front view of the face. These photos must have been taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
  • A valid passport for the next 6 months
  • An Invitation letter/ hotel reservation for the tourist visa
  • A business letter- business visa and this should be type written indicating the kind of business you want to do, the name and address of a reference to be contacted in the Republic of Congo. The invitation letter must be addressed to the Embassy of the Republic of Congo, Visa section. No business visa will be granted without an official business letter.
  • Copy of airline tickets or itinerary- showing clear arrival and departure dates in the country.
  • A prepaid envelope; a prepaid USPS, UPS or Fedex envelope with a TRACKING NUMBER to allow for the return of your passport. Unfortunately, the Embassy is no longer able to accept any prepaid envelopes without any tracking number. Canadian Postal Prepaid Envelopes or Mexican Postal Prepaid envelopes are not accepted under any circumstances.

Emergency travel Certificate

The Emergency travel Certificate applies to all residents of the East African Community i.e Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda since these don’t need visas to transfer to other neighboring states/ countries. If you are not from any country in East Africa, you can’t have this document hence you will use valid visas.

 Immigration Departure/Entry card

The Departure/Entry card is a document you are required to fill in valid information like your name, contact details, purpose and duration of visit before you get entry into another country especially among those in East Africa. This can be got at all ports of entry whether you are departing or entering.